Inscrit le: 17 Avr 2016
|Posté le: Mar 20 Juin - 06:16 (2017) Sujet du message: HIV/AIDS: Epidemic Update For Behavioral Health Professiona
In view of the already existing crisis in healthcare in the United States, the problems associated with providing the necessary care for persons with HIV infection or AIDS are significant. The purpose of this course is to address those problems in the discussion of epidemiology, pathophysiology, transmission, complications, treatment advancements, prevention, ethical and legal aspects of care, and workplace concerns. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Discuss the background and significance of the AIDS epidemic, including geographic patterns of transmission.
2. Describe the transmission of HIV infection, including risk behaviors and routes of contagion.
3. Discuss the impact of the virus on women living with HIV infection.
4. Review the transmission of HIV to the infant and child, and discuss care of these infected children.
5. Summarize issues unique to older persons with HIV infection.
6. Discuss challenges of HIV as it impacts the workplace.
7. Review ethical and legal implications of HIV infection.
This 7-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.